Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Galdr-Ancient Light of The Stars


Its precisely this form of black-metal which has recently stolen my heart. I can admit, this album is repetitive in terms of the song writing and guitars. But that is how its supposed to be. The guitar work acts more as a motif through which ambiance can manifest .  "Ancient Light of The Stars" is an album which strives to build atmosphere through vocal emotion and cadence. A few songs have surprise solos or hooks, but overall this album has a nice steady drive, delivering you gently onto to the frozen winds of a winter forest. That being said, Ancient Light... was the perfect soundtrack for my hike today:

Enjoy!



Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment