Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Embrace of Thorns-Praying For Absolution


Well obviously I expected something good judging by the cover when I got this album. But I didn't expect it to be as good as it is. This is a brooding, intense album. Blackened Death-Metal in the vein of Diocletian and Pseudogod. One of the aspects of this album that I appreciate most is the overall occult mood that it produces. There are sudden and dramatic changes in tempo on this album, but one is lured almost seamlessly into a foreboding cloud of satanic magic. This is ritualized savagery at its best.


Embrace of Thorns

No comments:

Post a Comment