Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Abyssal--Novit Enim Dominum Qui Sunt Eius


I hope this is not bias speaking, but the UK never fails to satisfy me in terms of music. Some of my favorite bands hail from there: Akercocke, Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death. Abyssal, whose earlier release "Denouement" left me eager for more, have truly delivered with "Novit Enim Dominum Qui Sunt Eius". One has the feeling of being stranded at some forgotten alter, covered in ash, in some wayside ruin. The chilling air creeps up behind you, almost blowing over to the ground. As bleak riffs emanate, carried along the devastating winds of blast beats, you can almost smell hopelessness. There is a certain level of obscurity to this band, which makes the music even richer. This is very refined Death-Metal, with definite Black influences. There are these really savage blast beats which just explode out of no where, which come to a halt suddenly, as riffs tighten and squeeze around you. The album seems to stretch time, and you along with it. High Recommended.



Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment