Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Nihilist-Demos 1987-1989


       This is must listen for any out there who love death metal, and especially Sweden's contribution to the tradition. Nihilist is one of the most influential bands in the development of Swedish death metal, and a major source of inspiration for later acts such as Repugnant and Tribulation. As most reading probably know, Nihilist was Nicke Andersson and Alex Hellid's former project just prior to Entombed, and the sound crafted in these demos definitely carried over to later incarnations of their music. Besides the relentless buzz-saw guitars and ethereal chaos-solos which emanate from the damp grave of some foggy graveyard, Nihilist is also a great listen from a sheer historical standpoint; a great band who contributed alot to death metal. 


Bottom line: its old, its nasty, and it set the stage for what came later. 



Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment