Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Abigail-Intercourse and Lust


    Take three rats and feed them all crank, then stick 'em in a rusty cage and poke with an object of your choice. The fiendish screams which follow can be likened to the vocals on Abigail's "Intercourse and Lust": rough, raw, and utterly insane. The music is equally raw; some no bullshit black metal here. Abigail gets right down to it. There is definitely a thrashy sound to these songs, which show an affinity toward older heavy metal acts like Motorhead. In addition, one can even sense a abrasive punk/hardcore influence. But overall this is pure, unprocessed black metal. 

    Perhaps this is somewhat biased and maybe even offensive to some, but I love the singular fact that this is a Japanese band.  Yeah, the music is great, and Abigail has been around for a long time. But the fact that they are Japanese makes this so much better to me (of course, I love a lot of things Japanese).  If you don't feel the urge to stomp your way through brick walls when listening to "Mephistopheles", then you need help. Catchy riffs, awesome solos....you want it. 


Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment