Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Countess--Sermons Of The Infidel





Judging by the cover, you'd think this post was inspired by my previous post; however, this is not the case. Right now I just have to say this is not my usual preference sound wise, but this second time around listening, it is definitely growing on me. More upbeat, "Sermons of The Infidel" show a melodic approach to black metal with definite heavy metal influences. The nefarious sting of Bathory can be felt here.  There is something about this album that just makes me not give a fuck (in a very good way, that is). Kind of like when you were a kid and your best friend down the street brings you a some illicit music ; some forbidden, depraved vinyl from Satan's own collection. I'm reminded of that heavy metal kid from The Gate that was nuts about Sacrifyx. One could easily substitute this band.

Countess has been around for quite a while, but this is my first venture into their territory. Overall the production is a little too clean for my taste, but it does serve well those parts that carry a nice solo or guitar hook. Also, you can even detect a middle eastern vibe on the song "Child of The Millennium". I wonder if this was intentional or not.   Catchy, mischievous, and sure to piss off the old folks. Get that jean-vest out and start bangin your heads brothers!

Head over to their Bandcamp, Blogspot, and Facebook below and show em some support!







No comments:

Post a Comment