Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gorgoroth--Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam


    You know the name, and there is little original insight I can offer on a band as great as Gorgoroth. That said, I will just state my opinion. This is one of the best Gorgoroth albums. Thrashy, cold, and introspective; "Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam" delivers all the best in NWBM. Everything is so well situated on this album in terms of sound. "Sign of An Open Eye", a slower mid-paced song, creates an apocalyptic atmosphere one cannot escape. It's one of my favorites, even though it eases slightly on the fury the rest of the album carries. If you have never really given Gorgoroth a chance, I'd say start here. The drumming is hellish, the guitars murderous, and the vocals carry your soul aloft upon the wings of misanthropic wisdom. Assassinates from on high, indeed.  

Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment