Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Young And In The Way-I Am Not What I Am


    WOW. This is some seriously pissed off fucking shit. Young And In The Way deliver some raging blackened-crust. It comes as no surprise that these two genres go so well together; the bleak overtones of depressive black metal and the bitterness of crust. What I really like about YAITW, though, is the overall package. They use great art direction that evokes the heart of their sound; the obscurity of their covers and the atmosphere of enraged depression fusing together with such allure.

 I will say, records like this bring a lot of things full circle for me musically. Growing up I listened to a lot of really angry punk and hardcore, always feeling pissed about something. The inherent dissatisfaction with society or the existential angst that most feel, yet often enough deny, is clearly penetrated through these songs; and I have yet to read the lyrics. The music itself says it all. 

Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment