Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Winterfylleth-The Threnody of Triumph


I can't say enough good about Winterfylleth's "Threnody of Triumph". This is an album of majestic sorrow, pulsating with layers of historical reference and natural ambiance. Finely crafted riffs spiral through a frozen landscape, as choral chants sing to you from underneath layers of enchanted ice.  This is definitely a celebration of heritage (British in this case) without foraging into the NSBM thicket. Although I have heard great things about their other release "The Mercian Sphere", this was my first encounter with Winterfylleth and I fell in love with their sound right away. The vocals are so tortured and sad, almost like a heart-broken war cry, the sound you give when you have nothing left but spiteful passion. Yet, through it all a magical quality permeates this album, and I dare you not to be moved by the melodic vocals on The Swart Raven. Conjure the spirit of your ancestors in a forgotten woods and let Threnody take you there!


Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment