Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Al-Namrood--Kitab Al Awthan


This is really an otherworldly folk-metal album. I have always been enchanted by middle-eastern melodies and ambiance, and this is black metal strongly rooted in that musical tradition. Not surprising as Al-Namrood hail from Saudi Arabia. When listening to this I have the image in mind of a cursed Arabian horde descending the slopes of some mega sand-dune, waiving flaming swords and screaming incantations. But that is just me. There is an elegance added to this album through some of the Arabian instruments/sounds, but the black metal side to this is nonetheless scathing and possessed; the way it should be. 

Get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment