Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Impetuous Ritual-Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence


I will warn some of you right now, this is not for the faint hearted, if such there be in the world of "extreme" music making. This band is absolutely heavy in every way possible. Comprised of the members of Portal, Impetuous Ritual deliver a dense slab of death metal, enveloping the listener in an atmosphere so thick he seems stuck in place for the duration of the album. I didn't know what happened after the first listen. After the second, I became intrigued. By the third, I was hooked. "Ritual of The Crypt" smashes into your consciousness with the fury of a thousand falling angels, pulverizing your spiritual reality, and demolishing your sense of self. Everything works to overpower you on this record; riffs are not meant to stand out, nor the drumming, although at times each pierce the iron veil of sound being produced. Of course some hear this as just noise, but beneath the layers you will find out how energetic and thoughtful this music actually is.  

Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment