Brethren:

Please send all submissions to napalmbreath82@gmail.com. I am happy review anything, and will surely post if I like it. I may even post it if I dont like it. So send that shit! Bands: if you want me to take something down, please let me know and I will do so promptly without question.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kommandant-The Draconian Archetype


For all your misanthropic urges, there is Kommandant. A truly blistering work of blackened-death metal, full of apocalyptic brooding and scathing emotion. "Hate is Strength" has a hypnotic effect with its slower doom section. Guitars sweep along, blended masterfully with the rest of the instruments to provide a thick layered atmosphere. The drumming is a complete mind-sweep throughout most of the album. The idea behind this album, I believe, is to assault your senses. And this they do quite well. Something about this record pulls you down to its level; makes you feel its wrath as though it were living within you parasitically. I love listening to something that, after the first go around, makes me question what in the name of fuck just happened. And that is precisely what this record did. I've been going back for more ever since!

Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment